A Longtime And Prepared Ally For Employers
The employment law attorneys of Thatcher Law Firm bring over 50 years of combined legal experience to bear when representing employers and employees in workplace disputes in Maryland, northern Virginia and Washington, D.C. Linda Hitt Thatcher advises employers on how to develop legally sound and practical personnel policies and manage the investigation or resolution of particular employment law problems. To learn how our decades of relevant experience with employment law can benefit you and help you manage and avoid the risk of liability, contact Thatcher Law Firm.
Skilled And Highly Respected Representation
Founding member Linda Hitt Thatcher is an accomplished teacher, speaker, author and trainer on employment law issues. Employers around the greater D.C. area turn to Thatcher Law Firm for strategic advice on employment law matters such as:
- Development of employee handbooks and guidebooks that preserve the at-will nature of employment contracts
- Preparation of enforceable confidentiality and noncompete agreements
- Development of legally sound company policies and human resources practices for inclusion in employee handbooks or managers’ manuals
- Updating personnel policies and written handbooks to keep pace with new employer requirements under amended state or federal laws
- Customized training of managers and supervisors on employment best practices to prevent waiver or loss of legal protections due to misguided actions by managerial employees
- Thorough investigation of complaints of discrimination, sexual harassment or alleged workplace rights violations and advising employers on possible responses
In our employment law practice, clients we have advised include law firms, high-tech companies, hotels, financial institutions and other employers. Our employment law attorneys have industry-specific knowledge, and we shape our employment law counsel to each employer’s unique needs.
Mediation · Alternative Dispute Resolution
Employment attorney Linda Hitt Thatcher is also a certified mediator whose understanding of the goals and procedures of mediation in employment litigation can advance your interests in any alternative dispute resolution forum.
Contact Thatcher Law Firm
To learn more about the scope of our advisory, training and investigative services for employers in employment law matters, contact an experienced employment lawyer at Thatcher Law Firm in Greenbelt, Maryland. Call us at 301-850-1246.
We serve clients throughout Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C.