A Longtime and Prepared Ally for Employers
The employment law attorneys of Thatcher Law Firm bring over 50 years of combined legal experience to bear when representing employers and employees in workplace disputes in Maryland, northern Virginia and Washington, D.C. Thatcher Law Firm advises employers on how to develop legally sound and practical personnel policies, and manage the investigation, litigation, or resolution of employment law issues. To learn how our decades of relevant experience with employment law can benefit your company and help you to avoid the risk of liability, contact Thatcher Law Firm.
Skilled And Highly Respected Representation
Founding member Linda Hitt Thatcher and her partners are accomplished teachers, speakers, authors and trainers on employment law issues. Employers around the greater D.C. area turn to Thatcher Law Firm for strategic advice on employment law matters such as:
- Development of employee handbooks and guidebooks that preserve the at-will nature of employment contracts
- Preparation of enforceable confidentiality and noncompete agreements
- Development of legally sound company policies and human resources best practices for inclusion in employee handbooks or managers’ manuals
- Updating personnel policies and written handbooks to keep pace with new employer requirements under amended local, state, and federal laws
- Customized training of managers and supervisors on employment best practices to prevent waiver or loss of legal protections due to misguided actions by managerial employees
- Thorough investigation of complaints of discrimination, sexual harassment or alleged workplace rights violations and advising employers on possible responses
- Defense for employment lawsuits brought by former employees
In our employment law practice, we advise all types of employers including law firms, medical and dental practices, high-tech companies, hotels, financial institutions, and organizations in both the private and public sectors. Our employment law attorneys have broad industry-specific knowledge and expertise, and we shape our employment law counsel to each employer’s unique needs.
Mediation · Alternative Dispute Resolution
Thatcher Law Firm also provides mediation services for employers who are looking to resolve employment matters through alternative dispute resolution. Our understanding of the goals and procedures of mediation in employment litigation can advance your interests in any alternative dispute resolution forum.
Contact Thatcher Law Firm
To learn more about the scope of our advisory, training, investigation, and mediation services for employers in employment law matters, contact an experienced employment lawyer at Thatcher Law Firm in Greenbelt, Maryland. Call us at 301-850-1246.
We serve clients throughout Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C.