Addressing a Wide Range of Discrimination Issues
If you believe that your employer has fired, demoted, or treated you unfairly in other ways based on your protected status, you might have a claim for employment discrimination. If discrimination based on your race, sex, age, disability, religion, or another protected classification seems to be the explanation, Thatcher Law Firm would like to hear from you. Contact one of our employment law attorneys for a consultation about your legal rights and options.
What Is Discrimination?
Disparate treatment based on a protected status is unlawful. Discrimination is prohibited by federal, state, and local laws if it is based on:
- Sex/gender/sexual orientation
- National origin
- Family status or marital status
- Military Status )
- Personal appearance (Washington, D.C.)
- Political affiliation (Washington, D.C.)
- Matriculation (Washington, D.C.)
- Credit information (Washington, D.C.)
- Domestic violence incidents (Washington, D.C.)
- Genetic information (Maryland, Washington, D.C.)
- Homelessness status (Washington, D.C.)
Thatcher Law Firm attorneys have the experience and practical understanding of discrimination claims against small businesses, major corporations, and government agencies that can make a crucial difference in the development, investigation, and success of your claim. We know how to look through and beyond employers’ excuses for unlawful treatment of employees.
Let Us Help You Take Action Now
Contact us for additional information about our ability to represent you in an employment discrimination case. Call us today at 301-850-1246 or use our online form. We serve clients throughout Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C.