Explaining Your Legal Rights: The Family and Medical Leave Act
Under both state and federal law, employees have the right to take leave under certain circumstances for a medical condition of the employee or a member of the employee’s family. If you believe that your employer has unlawfully denied your right to leave under the federal Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) or a similar Maryland, Washington, D.C., or Virginia law, contact Thatcher Law Firm for a thorough review and candid appraisal of your claims.
Working To Protect Your Rights
We advise and represent clients in all types of family leave matters:
- Pregnancy and parental leave
- Parenting time pending or following the adoption of a child
- Time off for surgery, an organ transplant, cancer treatment or other medical procedures that require ongoing care or a period of convalescence
- Leave to care for a child, spouse, or parent whose medical or convalescent needs require your attention
- Discrimination or retaliation after you’ve been cleared for work following a period of approved FMLA leave.
Experience You Can Trust
Thatcher Law Firm attorneys are experts in employment law matters involving FMLA and other health and disability-related workplace leave, employees’ rights and employers’ obligations.