As A Disabled Employee, You Have Legal Protection
Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) protects employees with disabilities and prospective employees from discrimination in the workplace and requires employers to make reasonable accommodations to enable employees to work effectively with disabilities. If you need advice about your right to protection under the ADA, contact an experienced employment law attorney at Thatcher Law Firm in Greenbelt, Maryland.
Fully Explaining The ADA And Your Rights
The ADA addresses issues ranging from the procedure that employees and employers must engage in for working out the terms of accommodation to the kinds of damages you can recover if you win a lawsuit over an employer’s violations. Our lawyers’ proven experience in relating the provisions of the law to a wide variety of workplace rights situations can help you realize the full protection of your rights in workplace disability cases such as the following:
- Failure to accommodate disabilities relating to mobility for parking spaces, access to the building, location of a workspace or the retrofitting of a work area for a wheelchair
- Failure to accommodate a sensory disability, such as full or partial blindness or hearing loss
- Failure to accommodate a temporary disability related to pregnancy, medical treatment or recovery from an injury
- Discrimination in job or promotion opportunities on the basis of a disability unrelated to the demands of a given position
- Discrimination based on a condition that is perceived by the employer as a handicap or disability but does not affect the employee’s ability to perform the work
- Retaliation by an employer against an employee invoking rights under the ADA
Over the years, we have represented employees with disability accommodation claims of many kinds, and we have also advised employers about their obligations under the ADA to help them avoid liability to employees with disabilities.
Contact Our Firm Now For Tailored Representation
We serve clients in the Washington, D.C., area, northern Virginia and all over Maryland. To learn more about our ability to represent your interests effectively in an ADA case involving discrimination or failure to make reasonable accommodations for your disability, contact Thatcher Law Firm in Greenbelt by calling 301-850-1246.